Thank you letter for job reference

Description

Thank a co-worker for a job reference with this letter template, letting them know that you did not get the position you applied for, but have other prospects and appreciate their recommendation.

User
[Street Address]
[City, ST ZIP Code]
[Date]
[Recipient Name]
[Title]
[Company Name]
[Street Address]
[City, ST ZIP Code]
Dear [Recipient Name]:
Thank you for writing a letter of recommendation for me. As you know, I applied for a position as a [job title] with [Company Name]. Last week, I interviewed for the position; unfortunately I did not get the job. The company offered the position to a candidate who has several years more experience than I.
I continue to be enthusiastic about my job search prospects. I have applied for [number of applications sent] new jobs in the last week and have been contacted by [number of companies] companies who saw my resume on the Internet.
As I continue my job search, I am grateful to know that I have your support. I hope that I can contact you in the future if I need a recommendation for another position.
Sincerely,
User

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

Related : Thank you letter for job reference