Letter requesting meeting with advisor about college transfer

Description

When transferring to another college, send this letter template requesting a meeting with the new school's advisor to discuss their programs, prerequisites, and degree requirements.

User
[Street Address]
[City, ST ZIP Code]
[Date]
[Recipient Name]

[Title]
[School Name]
[Street Address]
[City, ST ZIP Code]

Dear [Recipient Name]:

I am interested in applying for admission as a transfer student to Maple State University. I am currently a sophomore at East Elm Community College and expect to earn my A.A. degree next spring. I plan to begin working toward my B.A. in Comparative Literature in Autumn Quarter, 2013, and I would like to learn more about your program.
I have thoroughly reviewed the university’s admission policy as well as the specific admission requirements of the Comparative Literature major. I would like to meet with you at your convenience to discuss specialization areas within the major, as well as the application of my transfer credits toward prerequisites and degree requirements. This would help me determine which courses I should take next semester to prepare for entrance into the major. I’m also very interested in your insights on the career paths available to graduates with a Comparative Literature degree.
If you are available to meet with me, please contact me by telephone at [phone number] or by email at [email address]to schedule an appointment.
Thank you for your time and interest. I look forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely,
User

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

Related : Letter requesting meeting with advisor about college transfer