Letter requesting job reference from co-worker

Description

Request a job reference from a co-worker with this letter template, which lists strengths you demonstrated during your work together.

User
[Company Name]
[Street Address]
[City, ST ZIP Code]
[Date]

[Recipient Name]
[Title]
[Company Name]
[Street Address]
[City, ST ZIP Code]

Dear [Recipient Name]:

As you know, I am searching for a new job. I am pleased with the number of possible opportunities I’ve uncovered. However, in this tight job market, I need more than just a good resume to get my foot in the door. Therefore, I’d like to ask if I may list you as a professional reference when I am applying for jobs.
As my co-worker of [number of years] years, I feel that you are familiar with my skills as a [job title] as well as my enthusiasm for working in the [industry name] industry. You are also familiar with my management and organizational skills, having worked with me on the [Project Name] project.
You can contact me by phone at [phone number]or by email at [email address]. I appreciate your time in considering my request, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely,
User

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

Related : Letter requesting job reference from co-worker