Sample resignation letter from a teacher to the headmaster

Summary: This is a sample resignation letter from a teacher to the headmaster informing the latter of the former’s intention to be relieved of his position with a specific date of termination. The reason for the resignation decision is stated to avoid any misunderstanding by the school authority.
12th September 2010
Dear Headmaster
RE: Resigning from Post of Teacher
I am writing to inform you on my decision to be released from my teaching position at Melrose Secondary School with effect from January 1st 2011, giving more than the stipulated 3 months’ notice as per my teaching contract.
The reason for my resignation is that I have decided to pursue my Masters degree in Education at the prestigious National University, whose course term commences in mid January 2011. It will be a 2 year full time studies for me which upon graduation, will open more education-related opportunities for my career.
As my resignation would require the approval of the school Board which only meets in December, I shall continue with my teaching responsibilities until then.
I thank you for your support extended to me while serving this school and I appreciate your kind understanding on my request.
Yours Truly,

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

Related : Sample resignation letter from a teacher to the headmaster